Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Posted for a request for chestnut puree recipes. From "Chocolate Heaven".
Make and share this Chocolate Chestnut Pots recipe from Food.com.
- 9 ounces milk chocolate
- 4 tablespoons madeira wine
- 1 ounce butter, diced
- 2 eggs, seperated
- 1 cup chestnut puree
- creme fraiche, to decorate
- Make a few chocolate curls for decoration then break the rest of the chocolate into squares& melt with the maderia in a heatproof bowl over simmering water.
- Remove from heat& add the butter a few pieces at a time, stirring until melted& smooth.
- Beat the egg yolks quickly into the mixture, then beat in the chestnut puree, a little at a time, making sure each addition is absorbed before you add the next.
- Mix until smooth.
- Beat the egg whites in another bowl until stiff.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of the whites into the chestnut mixture to lighten it.
- Then evenly fold in the rest.
- Spoon the mixture into 6 small ramekin dishes& chill until set.
- Serve topped with generous amounts of creme fraiche& decorate with chocolate curls.