- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can whole chestnuts
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark rum (to 3 Tbspns)
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream, unwhipped
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain chestnuts and rinse under cold water; dry.
- Place the dry chestnuts, cocoa powder, sugar, rum and the 1/4 cup unwhipped heavy cream in a food processor.
- Puree, scrape down sides and then process until chestnuts are pureed.
- Fold the 3/4 cup of heavy cream that has been whipped into the puree and chill an hour or two before serving.