Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These little tartlets are so easy to make and present beautifully on a dessert tray. Try serving them sitting on a slice of kiwi ...beautiful! The recipe makes approximately 60 tartlets, so these would be wonderful to serve at luncheons, bridal or baby showers, even large family get-togethers. From Southern Living April 2006.
- Combine the sugar, cocoal, cornmeal, flour, vinegar, butter and salt; mix well.
- Add the eggs; stir to combine.
- Spoon 1 heaping teaspoon of the chocolate into each phyllo shell.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until set.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Garnish with whipped topping.
- Store in an airtight container for up to three days.
These are so cute and yummy! I made them for a welcome dessert bar for graduate students where my husband teaches. I like the crisp top and gooey filling - just like chess pie. I used the canned real whipped cream as a garnish and it tasted great but melted through the top as they sat on the table. Needless to say they were still delicious. They were easy to stir-up and the batter exactly filled 60 tartlets. I baked them for the 25 minutes and found the tartlet crusts to be just a bit on the tough side. (Not sure how to remedy that.) My family loved the ones they swiped and asked me to make them again. Thanks Dreamgoddess!