Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 sour cream pie crust, rolled out to fit 9 inch pie dish (in my recipes)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons dutch process cocoa
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prick pie shell with fork.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Decrease oven temperature to 330 degrees F.
- Combine sugar, cocoa, flour and salt in large bowl and mix well.
- Blend in milk.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add butter and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake until filling is puffed and set, 55-60 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature before serving.
This pie is sooo rich, but oh so good. I made exactly as directed, with the exception of the pie crust....you really don't want me to make a homemade pie crust!!! Thanks for the great recipe.