Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is yummy! Some people would call this Chocolate Fudge pie. I found this recipe in a friend's cookbook but I can't remember the name of the cookbook. Make sure you do NOT use a deep dish pie shell. Also, the recipe calls for an unbaked pie shell but I do bake it just a little and push the bubbles back down before I put the pie mix in it. I would highly recommend doubling this recipe, the frozen pie shells come in twos anyways. I am posting in case I lose my paper copy :)
- I usually melt the margarine in the microwave in a big plastic bowl. It works better melted, not just softened. But don't get the margarine too hot.
- Add cocoa, vanilla, sugar and flour, mix thoroughly.
- Beat the eggs in separate bowl then add to mixture and mix (I usually use a whisk to mix everything).
- Pour into an unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees for appx. 25 minutes or until firm. The middle won't look really firm so don't overcook it, it will firm more as it cools. It ends up being a little gooey in the middle.
- Top with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream and enjoy!