Recipe by Bev
Very rich, chocolaty and delicious!
Top Review by Miss Annie
Truly and great pie. I have made chess pies and coconut chess pies all my life, but never a chcolate one. This one tastes so good. I loved this chocolate experience! Yes, Miss Bev, I did decorate the top of the slices with whipped cream. Not Cool Whip. I am glad I did because this wonderful pie deserved it. Thanks for posting and sharing this wonderful (to be used again and again) pie recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 partially 9-inch baked pie crust