Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very rich, chocolaty and delicious!
Make and share this Chocolate Chess Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 partially 9-inch baked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Combine sugar, cocoa, flour, and salt.
- Blend in milk.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time.
- Add butter and vanilla, beat until smooth.
- Pour into prebaked pie shell.
- Bake in 325* oven for 55-60 minutes.
Truly and great pie. I have made chess pies and coconut chess pies all my life, but never a chcolate one. This one tastes so good. I loved this chocolate experience! Yes, Miss Bev, I did decorate the top of the slices with whipped cream. Not Cool Whip. I am glad I did because this wonderful pie deserved it. Thanks for posting and sharing this wonderful (to be used again and again) pie recipe.
Made this for Thanksgiving and got rave reviews! Absolutely delicious. I served it with vanilla whipped cream.
yum! this is a great sweet chocolate treat and it's so easy!!! i didn't have evaporated milk, so i made my own (simmered regular over very low heat for about half an hour). this pie will definitely be made in my house again. it's hard to find an easy recipe for something this tasty!