Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
This recipe is easy as pie -- or should I say turnover? And being made with chocolate and cherries it is yummy as well.
- 1 (8 ounce) containerrefrigerated crescent roll dough
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate, chips divided
- 1⁄2 cup canned cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll dough onto clean work surface; separate into 4 rectangles. Press perforations firmly to seal. Cut off corners of rectangles with paring knife to form oval shapes.
- Place 1 tablespoon chocolate chips on one half of each oval. Top with 2 tablespoons pie filling, then sprinkle with 1 tablespoon chocolate chips. Fold half of dough over filling; press edges to seal. Crimp edges with fork, if desired.
- Bake about 14 minutes in preheated oven or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet. Melt remaining chocolate chips and drizzle over turnovers. Serve warm.