Recipe by MarieRynr
This is a great make ahead cake for those upcoming Holiday Celebrations. You can bake and freeze it up to two weeks ahead. This is a deliciously moist chocolate cake, with a chocolate truffle filling. Finish it off with a lucious chocolate glaze and garnish with maraschino cherries and white chocolate curls for a real show stopper!
Top Review by flower7
I made this for a co-worker's birthday and it went over a treat! I skipped the garnishes and instead of milk in the glaze, I used some of the juice from the maraschino cherries - though it could have been thinned a little more. Baked for 45 minutes but I think it could have come out a few minutes sooner. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk (from 14 oz can)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box fudge cake mix, with pudding in the mix
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 (113 g) box chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix (serves 4)
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained on paper towel, chopped (3/4 cup)
- remaining sweetened condensed milk (from 14 oz can)
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon milk (if needed)
- 8 ounces vanilla candy coating
- 6 maraschino cherries, with stems drained on paper towel
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350*F. Grease and flour a 12 cup bundt pan. In medium microwavable bowl, mix filling ingredients. Microwave on High 25 to 35 seconds,stirring every 15 seconds, until melted and smooth; set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat cake mix, water, oil, 1/2 tsp almond extract, the eggs and pudding mix on low speed about 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly. With rubber spatula, fold in cherries. Spoon batter into pan, spreading evenly. Carefully spoon filling in ring over batter, being careful not to let filling touch sides of pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted 1 inch from inside edge of pan comes out clean and top of cake feels firm to the touch and cake pulls away slightly from side of pan. Cool 15 minutes.
- Invert onto heatproof serving plate. Remove pan and let cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In a 1 quart saucepan, heat all glaze ingredients except 1 tsp milk over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in up to 1 tsp of milk, if necessary, for glazing consistency. Pour glaze over cake, allowing some to drizzle down sides. Garnish with white chocolate curls and additional cherries if desired. Store loosely covered in the fridge.