Recipe by ILuvRecipes
These cookies have become traditional on our Christmas cookie trays, but are good all year round! Drizzled with the melted chocolate, they are so pretty. Cooking time includes 1 hour chill time.
Top Review by Elmotoo
Ooh la la!! These are over the top good!! I did only get 36; I think any smaller & the cherry might not have fit well? I wish I had put the melted chocolate for drizzling into a piping bag!! Off to have another! Made for PAC Fall '08.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips, divided
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 24 maraschino cherries, drained and patted dry
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat sugar, margarine, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips and add to margarine mixture. Mix well.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Press deep centers with your thumb or wooden spoon handle.
- Place a marachino cherry half into each centre.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool completely.
- Melt remaining chocolate chips and drizzle over cookies.