Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
These cookies have become traditional on our Christmas cookie trays, but are good all year round! Drizzled with the melted chocolate, they are so pretty. Cooking time includes 1 hour chill time.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips, divided
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 24 maraschino cherries, drained and patted dry
- Beat sugar, margarine, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips and add to margarine mixture. Mix well.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Press deep centers with your thumb or wooden spoon handle.
- Place a marachino cherry half into each centre.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool completely.
- Melt remaining chocolate chips and drizzle over cookies.
Ooh la la!! These are over the top good!! I did only get 36; I think any smaller & the cherry might not have fit well? I wish I had put the melted chocolate for drizzling into a piping bag!! Off to have another! Made for PAC Fall '08.