Recipe by ChefCrittersMom
I cannot remember for the life of me where I found this recipe but it's AMAZING!
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups oats, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 (10 ounce) jars maraschino cherries, drained and patted dry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Add 1 cup morsels, melted; mix well.
- Stir in oats, flour, baking powder and salt; mix well.
- Cover, chill dough 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press deep cneters with thumb.
- Place maraschino cherry into each center.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set.
- Drizzle cookies with remaining 1 cup morsels, melted.