Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
From Southern Living.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 5 large eggs, divided
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted
- 1 cup canned cherry pie filling
- canned cherry pie filling
- sweetened whipped cream
- Hershey chocolate kiss (milk chocolate)
- Melt the butter and unsweetened chocolate squares in a 3-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1 ½ cups sugar.
- Add 2 eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Add in milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Add in flour and salt, stirring until well blended.
- Spread mixture evenly into a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 325° for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan on a wire rack; lower oven temperature to 300°.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining ¾ cup sugar at medium speed using an electric mixer; beat until smooth.
- Add in remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla, beating just until blended.
- Add remaining 3 eggs, one at a time, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Add in sour cream and melted semisweet chocolate, beating just until blended.
- Spoon cherry pie filling evenly over the prepared crust.
- Pour chocolate cheesecake mixture over cherry pie filling.
- Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until edges of cheesecake are set (center of cheesecake will not appear set).
- Turn oven off; let cheesecake stand in oven 15 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven; gently run a knife around the edge of cheesecake to loosen sides.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cover and chill 8 hours; release and remove sides of pan; serve with desired toppings.