Recipe by catht
A really easy square recipe that I've made for christmas a number of times. I can't remember the original source, but it was handed down to me from my mom.
Top Review by Debbb
This recipe is from Jean Pare's Company's Coming 150 Delicious Squares! And, it is fabulous!! Very unique & tasty! I use maraschino cherries instead of the candied ones. At Christmas time, you can use 1/2 red & 1/2 green cherries for a festive treat.
- 8 ounces sweet chocolate squares
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut
- 1⁄2 cup candied cherry, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chocolate in top pan of double boiler over hot (not boiling) water.
- Melt, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into greased 8x8" pan and chill.
- Beat eggs and sugar until frothy and thick.
- Fold in coconut and cherries.
- Spread over bottom layer.
- Bake at 350F for 10-15 mins until a golden colour and firm to touch.
- Cool before cutting into squares.