Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A really easy square recipe that I've made for christmas a number of times. I can't remember the original source, but it was handed down to me from my mom.
- 8 ounces sweet chocolate squares
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut
- 1⁄2 cup candied cherry, chopped
- Put chocolate in top pan of double boiler over hot (not boiling) water.
- Melt, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into greased 8x8" pan and chill.
- Beat eggs and sugar until frothy and thick.
- Fold in coconut and cherries.
- Spread over bottom layer.
- Bake at 350F for 10-15 mins until a golden colour and firm to touch.
- Cool before cutting into squares.
This recipe is from Jean Pare's Company's Coming 150 Delicious Squares! And, it is fabulous!! Very unique & tasty! I use maraschino cherries instead of the candied ones. At Christmas time, you can use 1/2 red & 1/2 green cherries for a festive treat.