Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
adapted from Pampered Chef
- 3 eggs, seperated
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (11 2/3 ounce) jarmrs. richardson's hot fudge topping
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- vanilla frozen yogurt or thawed Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Lightly spray an oven proof skillet.
- Seperate eggs over med mixing bowl, set egg yolks aside for another use.
- Lightly whisk egg whites.
- Add pie filling water and almond extract, mix well.
- Add cake mix, mix until well blended.
- Pour batter over bottom of skillet, spreading evenly.
- Bake uncovered 25-30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven to rack to cool 10 minutes.
- Loosen edges of cake with flat sided knife.
- Invert cake onto large heat proof serving platter.
- Stir ice cream topping till smooth, may warm in microwave a bit to soften.Carefully spread evenly over top of cake.
- Cut into wedges, serve warm with frozen yogurt or thawed Light Cool Whip if desired.