adapted from Pampered Chef
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2Lightly spray an oven proof skillet.
- 3Seperate eggs over med mixing bowl, set egg yolks aside for another use.
- 4Lightly whisk egg whites.
- 5Add pie filling water and almond extract, mix well.
- 6Add cake mix, mix until well blended.
- 7Pour batter over bottom of skillet, spreading evenly.
- 8Bake uncovered 25-30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- 9Remove cake from oven to rack to cool 10 minutes.
- 10Loosen edges of cake with flat sided knife.
- 11Invert cake onto large heat proof serving platter.
- 12Stir ice cream topping till smooth, may warm in microwave a bit to soften.Carefully spread evenly over top of cake.
- 13Cut into wedges, serve warm with frozen yogurt or thawed Light Cool Whip if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.9
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 40.0 mg
- Sodium 358.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 4.5 g