Recipe by brokenburner
This is another variation of my Oat Bran Apple Pie Muffins (Everything-Free, Low-Cal and Vegan!) ... enjoy!!
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup oat bran
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup sugar-free cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine the first seven ingredients (flour through salt) in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients, minus the chocolate chips, and stir until just moistened.
- Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin tins. Sprinkle some chocolate chips on the top of each muffin. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 30 minutes.