Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very rich muffins - these taste wonderful.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped maraschino cherry
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 egg
- Combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cherries, and all but 1/4 cup of the chips.
- Combine milk, oil, and egg.
- Stir into flour mixture.
- Line a 12 cup muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Spoon the batter into cups.
- Sprinkle remaining chips over top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes and 375 degrees.
Hate to say this but WAY TOO chocolately. I would cut it next time to 2/3 or even half of the amount. Easy to put together and pretty much anyone would like these.
Soooo good! Very chocolatey, delicious. Only change I made was that I used buttermilk instead of milk (wanted to use it up) These will be making a regular appearance in my baking.