Recipe by Annacia
Sweeten the moment with this unique, wine lover's dessert. Bursting with merlot-soaked cherries, these fudgy brownies are bound to spark passion.
Top Review by BB2011
I baked these for a restaurant, and they are amazing! I used dried cranberries rather than cherries. The merlot (Copper Ridge) added a delicious "something extra." Definitely use DARK baking chocolate. Wonderful, wonderful, and they will be made and enjoyed again.
- 170.09 g pkg. dried sweet cherries (1 1/4 cups, chopped)
- 118.29 ml merlot
- 226.79 g dark chocolate, baking bar (53% Cacao, broken into small sections)
- 314.66 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 78.07 ml butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Grease 9-inch-square baking pan.
- Microwave dried cherries and merlot wine in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute.
- Set aside for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain cherries; discard wine.
- Microwave chocolate in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR.
- Sections may retain some of their original shape.
- If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until smooth; cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour and salt in small bowl.
- Beat sugar and butter in medium mixer bowl until well mixed.
- Add eggs and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate and vanilla extract.
- Stir in flour mixture until blended.
- Stir in drained cherries.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 33 to 37 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
- NOTE: Sweetened dried cranberries can be substituted for the dried cherries.