Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Rich little goodies! A specialty of my mother's... sometimes she uses an assortment of different jams and fillings.
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cherry preserves (or your favorite flavor)
- powdered sugar
- Melt the chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring, until smooth; set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, cream together the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Blend in the vanilla and melted chocolate.
- Gradually add the flour mixture; beat on low speed just until blended.
- Divide dough in half; flatten into 2 discs.
- Wrap each separately in plastic wrap; refrigerate 1-2 hours, or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll each piece of dough out on a well-floured surface to 1/4-1/8" thickness; cut into rounds with a 3-inch cookie cutter (scalloped edges are pretty).
- Place 2" apart on the cookie sheets; place a rounded 1/2 tsp.
- of jam in the center of each circle.
- Bring three edges of dough circles up over the jam; pinch edges together to seal, leaving the center of the triangle open.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until set--just guard against overbaking.
- Let cookies stand on the sheets for 2 minutes; then transfer them to wire racks and cool completely.
- Just before serving, dust with powdered sugar.
- Store tightly covered in the refrigerator; let stand 30 minutes at room temperature before serving.