Recipe by jensmile23
I got this out of Taste of Home's Simple and Delicious, July/August 2007.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Must admit that I made substitutions for 2 of the ingredients ~ Instead of the maraschino cherries I used 2 cups of chopped frozen cherries, & then I used some peanut butter chips since I'm not fond of the cups! Other than that, though, I did follow the directions & the resulting pie was absolutely delicious, & the recipe a keeper, for sure! Thanks for posting it! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement recipe tag]
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) bottlechocolate Magic Shell ice cream topping, divided
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) packages peanut butter cups, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Following package directions, drizzle half of the ice cream topping over the crust; Gently spread to coat bottom and sides. Freeze until firm.
- Meanwhile, set aside six cherries for garnish; chop remaining cherries. In a large bowl, combine ice cream and chopped cherries. spread into prepared crust. Sprinkle with peanut butter cups; drizzle with remaining ice cream topping.
- Garnish with reserved cherries. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving.