Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A delicious off-the-shelf cake.
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- whipped cream
- maraschino cherry
- Preheat oven to 350°; butter and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan; set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the cake mix briefly to break up any clumps; add in the remaining ingredients; beat at medium speed for about 3 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; bake for 45-50 minutes, or until pick comes out clean.
- Let cake cook in pan for 10 minutes, then invert to a rack or serving plate to finish cooling.
- Can be served with a scoop of high-quality vanilla ice cream OR add dollops of whipped cream on the cake at the fluted intervals and adorn each cloud with a drained maraschino cherry (do this just before serving).
Really good; this was moist and dense and decadent without being overly sweet. . Left out the chocolate chips and added a box of instant chocolate pudding mix. Topped with Chocolate Glaze or Frosting.
Delicious! Very moist. I topped ours with melted chocolate frosting (from a can)
A great way to dress up a box cake mix. Since I was taking it to a potluck dinner, I made a pink glaze to drizzle over it. DH had a slice with ice cream and said that was an excellent serving suggestion. LOL! I think the recipe would be an excellent way to dress up a scratch cake as well. Thanks!