Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I haven't tried this yet but it sounds interesting and easy!!
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 1 (16 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup butter, sliced into 12 pieces each
- 2 1⁄4 ounces of chopped pecans
- 1⁄8 cup white sugar
- Dump the 2 cans of cherry pie filling into the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle the box of chocolate cake mix evenly on top of that.
- Distribute the butter slices on top of the cake mix.
- Spread the pecans evenly over the butter and cake mix.
- Fianally, sprinkle the sugar over all.
- Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes and serve warm!
- This is also delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Made this for New Years Eve 2009 dinner and boy was it a hit! Kids loved it (teenagers). Will be making this again!
It had a good taste, but I think 2 sticks of butter is too much. The finished cake was like a gueey browney with strawberries. When I make it next time I am going to use 1 stick of butter.
WOW what a great way to quickly feed that chocolate craving with ingredients that are in my fruitcellar/pantry! Use a good quality brand of cake-mix and a quality pie filling.