Recipe by ~*Chou*~
These cookies are very soft and tasty. They're more of a Christmas cookie, but can be served all year 'round.
Top Review by donijo57
I tried these and personally did not care for the mixture of cinnamon and chocolate, so some people might want to take note of that. My daughter had fun making them with me and they don't taste that bad....I would not make them again though.
- 2 (1 ounce) envelopes powdered cocoa mix (with or without marshmallows)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 24 maraschino cherries (red or green)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together hot cocoa mix and water.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, add butter, sugar and egg.
- Combine thoroughly, and add this mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Beat on high until thoroughly combined.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet about 2-inch apart.
- Press a cherry into each cookie.
- Bake in oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Cookies may seem soft when taken out, but they will firm up as they cool.