1/1 Photo of Chocolate Cherry Dessert
Midwest Maven's Note:
This is an easy yummy recipe I got out of a Better Homes and Gardens Kid's Cookbook when I was little. The combo of chocolate and cherries is a winner! A great recipe for kids to help with. *Time doesn't include chilling time*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crush up the chocolate wafers a few at a time in a big zip lock bag. **(all areas may not have chocolate wafers, it is a cookie like Oreos but without the cream, not a sandwich cookie)**.
- 2Put the crushed wafers cookies into an 8x8x2 inch pan, reserving 2 tablespoons of the crumbs for later.
- 3Pour the melted butter over the cookie crumbs in the pan and stir together with a fork.
- 4With your hands spread the mixture evenly over the inside bottom of the pan, and press firmly to form a crust.
- 5Refrigerate the crust for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 6Put the sour cream, milk, and the dry pudding mix into a big bowl, and with an electric mixer beat on low for about a minute, until smooth (then be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix again for about 30 seconds).
- 7Spread the pudding mixture evenly over the wafer crust.
- 8Carefully spoon the cherry pie filling evenly over the pudding mixture, and then sprinkle the reserved 2 tablespoons cookie crumbs on top.
- 9Cover with clear plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours or more until cold.
- 10Cut up and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cherry Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.6
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.3 mg
- Sodium 246.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 3.5 g