This is an easy yummy recipe I got out of a Better Homes and Gardens Kid's Cookbook when I was little. The combo of chocolate and cherries is a winner! A great recipe for kids to help with. *Time doesn't include chilling time*
- Crush up the chocolate wafers a few at a time in a big zip lock bag. **(all areas may not have chocolate wafers, it is a cookie like Oreos but without the cream, not a sandwich cookie)**.
- Put the crushed wafers cookies into an 8x8x2 inch pan, reserving 2 tablespoons of the crumbs for later.
- Pour the melted butter over the cookie crumbs in the pan and stir together with a fork.
- With your hands spread the mixture evenly over the inside bottom of the pan, and press firmly to form a crust.
- Refrigerate the crust for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Put the sour cream, milk, and the dry pudding mix into a big bowl, and with an electric mixer beat on low for about a minute, until smooth (then be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix again for about 30 seconds).
- Spread the pudding mixture evenly over the wafer crust.
- Carefully spoon the cherry pie filling evenly over the pudding mixture, and then sprinkle the reserved 2 tablespoons cookie crumbs on top.
- Cover with clear plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours or more until cold.
- Cut up and enjoy!