Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens
Make and share this Chocolate Cherry Delight Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa, hershey's
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen non-dairy topping, thawed
- 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling, chilled
- Heat oven to 350°F Line bottom of two 9-inch round pans with wax paper.
- Combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Add milk, eggs, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water. (Batter will be thin.) Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Carefully remove wax paper. Cool completely.
- To assemble dessert, place one cake layer on serving plate. Spread with half of whipped topping; top with half of pie filling. Top with second cake layer. Spread with remaining topping and pie filling. Refrigerate at least one hour.