Prep 5 mins
Cook 17 mins
Moist, delicious cupcakes
- 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix, divided (unprepared)
- 2 tablespoons apple butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 16 ounces light canned sweet cherries (packed in light syrup, pitted)
- 1⁄3 cup apple butter
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup fat free egg substitute
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat a 12-hole muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine 1 cup of cake mix with apple butter, water and almond extract.
- Mix until smooth.
- In a mixer combine remainder of cake mix, apple butter, almond extract and blend until smooth.
- Put cherries in a sieve and run water over them to get rid of the syrup.
- Pat dry and mix cherries into the mixer bowl with a spoon.
- Divide into muffin tin and bake for 17 minutes or until a cake test comes out clean.
- Once cooked, top cupcakes with the icing from the small bowl.