Recipe by carolinafan
From Pillsbury Bake-Off
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Although I just nibbled around the edges as I made this to give to someone (along with the syrup packet LOL!)... I can say that it is wonderful! I made this in an 8x8-inch foil baking dish, and i can tell you that I will be making another very soon, it's no wonder this is a winning recipe. Please, make certain to purchase a brownie mix that has a syrup packet separate in the box! Anita, thank you so much for posting this great recipe!...Kitten:)
- 1 (15 7/8 ounce) packagepillsbury thick 'n fudgy double chocolate deluxe brownie mix
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, if desired
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- vanilla ice cream
- fresh mint sprig, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350. Reserve chocolate syrup packet from brownie mix for topping. In large bowl, combine brownie mix, oats and walnuts; mix well. Add butter, stir until mix is moistened. (Mixture will be dry.).
- Spoon pie filling evenly into ungreased 9 or 8 inch square baking dish. Sprinkle brownie mixture over pie filling.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Cool 45 minutes.
- To serve, spoon into bowls. Top each serving with ice cream; drizzle with chocolate syrup from packet. Garnish with mint sprigs.