Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
I fixed this treat for a women's group, our Valentine's Day celebration. We had a buffet style meal, so I cooked the crepes and served them in a 9x13 casserole dish. I served one and demonstrated how to add the cream and drizzle the chocolate syrup, so everyone could treat themselves. If you can make pancakes, you can make this recipe.
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Pam cooking spray
- 4 ounces sweet chocolate or 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- whipped topping (can or thawed)
- chocolate flavored syrup
- Cooking aids: 8-inch crepe pan or coated skillet with sauce-pan lid, small sauce pan, medium bowl, plastic spatula, wax paper.
- For the Crepes and Filling: Whisk together eggs, cocoa, flour, sugar, butter and salt. Whisk in milk. Stir until mixture is smooth. Cover; chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat skillet until drops of water spatter.
- While cooking crepes be sure to spray Pam each time so they slide out. Crepes are fragile until cool.
- In sauce pan, melt chocolate and cream over low heat, stirring constantly about five minutes.
- Add pie filling, stir and keep warm as you cook the crepes.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the pan; immediately swirl the pan so batter completely covers the bottom.
- Cover; cook crepe until center is set, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Loosen edges of crepe; slide crepe from pan onto wax paper. If it sticks, cook a little longer.
- Assembly: Spread the filling into the center of a crepe.
- Fold two sides of the crepe over the filling (like a burrito).
- Repeat with remaining crepes.
- Serve on dessert plate with topping and chocolate syrup.
This is soo good!!! Always a special treat