Top Review by Divinemom5
If you love the combination of chocolate and cherries,then these are the muffins for you.I didn't even sprinkle the tops with the extra 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and they were still full of chocolate.My family enjoyed the Valetines Day morning.Very delicious.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml milk chocolate chips, divided
- 59.14 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml candied cherries or 118.29 ml maraschino cherries or 118.29 ml raisins, chopped
- 177.44 ml milk or 177.44 ml half-and-half
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease 12 muffin pan cups or line with paper liners.
- In large bowl, combine flour, 1 3/4 cups chocolate morsels, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in cherries.
- In small bowl, combine milk, oil, and egg until well blended.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups until full.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chocolate morsels.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until muffins are golden.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan; serve warm or cool completely on wire rack.