Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml milk chocolate chips, divided
- 59.14 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml candied cherries or 118.29 ml maraschino cherries or 118.29 ml raisins, chopped
- 177.44 ml milk or 177.44 ml half-and-half
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease 12 muffin pan cups or line with paper liners.
- In large bowl, combine flour, 1 3/4 cups chocolate morsels, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in cherries.
- In small bowl, combine milk, oil, and egg until well blended.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups until full.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chocolate morsels.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until muffins are golden.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan; serve warm or cool completely on wire rack.
If you love the combination of chocolate and cherries,then these are the muffins for you.I didn't even sprinkle the tops with the extra 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and they were still full of chocolate.My family enjoyed the Valetines Day morning.Very delicious.
Made these for a surprise addition to my husbands lunchbox for Valentines Day. Just had to try one first though! Really chocolatey and the added cherries make them delish. Thanks for posting.
These were incredible! I was very happy with these muffins and I will make them again and again!!! I used a 6 large muffin pan instead of a 12 small muffin pan. I increased the time by 5 minutes. I also used chunks of chocolate since i did not have chips. This was so good Marg!!! Thank you!!!!!