Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Like Chocolate covered cherries but cookies. For those that love the candies, they will LOVE these. The recipe sounds complicated, but it's simple.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 30 maraschino cherries, drained and patted dry
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, for rolling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 4 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees in a large bowl beat butter, sugar, eggs and rum extract until light and fluffy.
- Add flour cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Beat well.
- Flatten about 1 tablespoon of dough.
- Place a cherry in the middle of the dough and mold the dough around it.
- Roll in sugar and repeat with remaining dough.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart of an un-greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes and let cool on rack.
- For glaze whisk ingredients together and spoon over cookies.
Been looking for this recipe - love it but I omit the rum and add 1/2 tsp. almond extract instead