Recipe by Karen=^..^=
These bars are the ultimate treat. With chocolate and cherries you can't go wrong (in my opinion :).
Top Review by Charlotte J
Just like the name applies this truly tastes like a chocolate cherry cordial! What a fantastic bar, moist and simple to make. I bake it an air bake pan, and could have left it in for 5 more minutes to bake. I’m sure to get requests for this recipe, as we are taking it to church this morning. Another keeper thank you Karen.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a 10 x 15 pan.
- Combine butter, eggs, sugars and extracts in a large bowl and beat at medium until well blended.
- Combine flour, soda and cinnamon and mix into creamed mixture until just blended.
- Stir in pie filling and chocolate chips.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar or drizzle with melted chocolate, if desired.
- Cut into 2 1/2 x 2 inch bars.