Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Taken from March 2009 Good Food Magazine. I made these today and don't want to lose the recipe hence posting here. I used dried cherries instead of the glace cherries just because we prefer them. The raw dough can be frozen, if cooking from frozen add a few minutes to the cooking time.
- Heat oven to 190C / 170C fan assisted / gas 5.
- Beat the butter, sugars and egg together until smooth.
- Mix in the flour, chocolate, cherries and salt.
- Spoon onto non-stick baking sheets in rough blobs well spaced apart.
- Bake for 12 - 14 minutes until just golden with the middle pale and soft.
- Cool for 5 minutes then transfer to racks with a fish slice to cool completely.
What a fabulous cookie !! I dumped all ingredients into food processor due to lack of time , added a drop of almond essence and had a chewy but soft cookie to eat in such a short amount of time, smelled heavenly too !!