Prep 35 mins
Cook 14 mins
CHOCOLATE CHERRY COOKIES - received on a recipe share site
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup cherry flavored liqueur
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- Plump dried cherries by covering with boiling water.
- soak for 5.minutes,
- drain and toss with cherry liqueur. For best flavor, allow.
- cherries to marinate in the cherry liqueur several hours or overnight.
- In separate mixing bowl, cream butter with sugars;
- blend in egg, vanilla. and almond extract.
- Fold in salt, baking soda and flour.
- Drain cherries and fold into mixture with white and semi-sweet chocolate.
- and macadamia nuts (optional).
- Refrigerate dough at least one hour. before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Drop batter onto greased cookie sheet by the.heaping teaspoon.
- Bake until lightly golden, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet and place on wire rack to cool.
- Prep time doesn't include time for rehydrating cherries.