Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are the result of a massive, moving-out kitchen clean-up. It's a crispy/chewy cookie with a good butter bite. However, they do stick really badly to the cookie sheet. If you can think of a good way to stop the stickage, you'll be a happy person. I only had 9 cherries but it might be good with a bit more, judge for yourself
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 9 maraschino cherries
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Cream the butter and sugars.
- Add the egg and vanilla and cream.
- While all of that is creaming, mix the flour, salt and baking soda and chop the cherries into little pieces.
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- Stir in the oats, coconut, chocolate chips and cherry bits.
- Drop by mounded 1/2 tablespoons onto a GREASED cookie sheet. (They will spread out so space appropriately.).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until done.
- Note: When you're scooping the cookies, they will seem really tiny if you use a 1/2 tablespoon. However, since there's not a lot of egg and lots of additions, they spread out like crazy.