1/3 Photos of Chocolate Cherry Cookies
Karen From Colorado's Note:
A hidden cherry under the chocolate makes a sweet surprise when you bite into these wonderful chocolate cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 48 undrained maraschino cherries (reserve 4 tsp cherry juice)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate piece
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1Combine flour and cocoa; set aside.
- 2Beat butter in a med bowl on med speed until softened.
- 3Add sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- 4Beat until well mixed.
- 5Beat in egg and vanilla, scraping the side of the bowl.
- 6Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- 7Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- 8Place 2-inches apart on an ungreased cooking sheet.
- 9Press down the centers with your thumb.
- 10Drain cherries, reserving juice.
- 11Place a cherry in the center of each cookie in the depression you made with your thumb.
- 12Combine chocolate pieces and condensed milk in a small saucepan.
- 13Cook and stir over low heat until the chocolate is melted.
- 14Stir in 4 teaspoons of the reserved cherry juice.
- 15Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the chocolate and milk mixture over each cherry, spreading to cover cherry.
- 16If the frosting is too thick, thin with additional cherry juice.
- 17Bake in a 350°F oven for about 10 minutes or until edges of cookie is firm.
- 18Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute.
- 19Transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cherry Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.8
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 43.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 1.2 g