1 hr 3 mins
True Texas's Note:
From Pillsbury Super Moist Cake Mix Recipes. Cola Cake is an old southern recipe. This updated recipe uses a cake mix and cherry cola.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained, 1/4 cup liquid reserved
- 1 (18 ounce) box betty crocker super moist devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup cherry cola, carbonated beverage
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) container betty crocker whipped vanilla frosting
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 24 maraschino cherries, with stems well drained, if desired (optional)
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees (325 for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom of 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour. Chop cherries, set aside.
- 2In large bowl, beat cake mix, cola beverage, oil, eggs and 1/4 cup reserved liquid with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed, beat 2 minutes.
- 3Stir in chopped cherries. Pour into pan.
- 4Bake 35 to 43 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 5In small bowl, mix frosting and marshmallow creme until smooth. Frost cake. Top each piece with 2 cherries.
- 7For chocolate-dipped cherries, melt 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips and 1 teaspoons shortening in microwave; stir. Dip well-drained cherries with stems into chocolate; refrigerate to set.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Cherry Cola Cake
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 506.7
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 437.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 54.1 g
- Protein 4.3 g