Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is pure decadence!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 six ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- preheat oven to 350.
- in a large bowl, combine, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and
- butter. cut with pastry blender until crumbs are the size of small peas.
- using a double boiler, melt chocolate chips.
- remove from heat and cool.
- add milk and egg to chocolate and mix well.
- blend chocolate into flour mixture.
- spread pie filling in the bottom of 2 quart casserole.
- drop chocolate batter randomly over cherries and sprinkle with nuts.
- bake 45 minutes until top is golden.