1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A little creation I came up with. My boyfriend wanted chocolate ice cream, but I wanted something a little more interesting so I added the cherries and chocolate chunks. I have a Cuisinart electric ice cream maker and it takes about 25 minutes to freeze ice cream. This is best made the night before you make it as it is quite soft right after making.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop bittersweet chocolate and place in blender with sugar.
- 2Pulse to process the sugar with the chocolate until the chocolate is very finely chopped.
- 3Heat 1 cup half-and-half till until bubbling around the edges.
- 4Add the hot half-and-half to blender and process until well blended and smooth.
- 5Transfer chocolate mixture to medium bowl and let cool completely.
- 6Stir in remaining 1/2 cup half-and-half, heavy cream and vanilla.
- 7Chill mixture for at least 30 minutes.
- 8Freeze mixture according to your ice cream maker directions adding cherries and chopped chocolate bar in last few minutes.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cherry Chunk Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.3
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 77.9 mg
- Sodium 38.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 26.4 g
- Protein 3.1 g