The batter is thin, but don't worry--this cake is delicious! A very moist, rich cake.
My Private Note
9 X 13 ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Place a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of a 9 X 13 inch pan.
- 3Grease and flour the pan.
- 4In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, soda and salt.
- 5Add eggs, coffee, milk, oil and vanilla. Beat until smooth (batter will be thin).
- 6Fold in cherries and chocolate chips.
- 7Pour batter into 9x13 inch pan.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean.
- 9It's best to leave it in the pan, because the chips and the cherries sort of sink to the bottom and solidify and may stick. (If you want to take it out of the pan, you are safe if you use the parchment paper as suggested in step #2~!).
- 10For the frosting:
- 11In a large bowl, combine butter, confectioners sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and vanilla.
- 12Cream with an electric mixer.
- 13Add milk by the tablespoon until frosting is smooth.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cherry Chip Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2743 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 8821.4
- Calories from Fat 3045
- Total Fat 338.3 g
- Saturated Fat 149.6 g
- Cholesterol 709.7 mg
- Sodium 6229.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1461.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 57.6 g
- Sugars 1175.0 g
- Protein 77.4 g