Recipe by Carrie Ann
This recipe was put out 22 years ago by Hellman's and it's one of my favourites. I added the cherry topping along the way, but I've also served it topped with whipped cream and crushed Andes mints which is equally delicious.
Top Review by Cindy Lynn
This looked lovely, but the chocolate was over-powering. I used a regular graham cracker crust rather than a chocolate graham cracker crust, so initially I thought I was the only one who would feel the chocolate over-powered the cherries. Unfortunately, everyone complained that the chocolate was 'too' strong. I think I'll try it again, but reduce the chocolate chips to about half or replace semi-sweet with milk chocolate. Thank you for sharing this recipe Carrie Ann!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 chocolate graham wafer pie crust
- 1 can cherry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl with mixer at medium speed beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth; gradually beat in sugar.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time; beat in chocolate and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour into pie crust; place on cookie sheet.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until set.
- Spoon cherry pie filling over cheese cake and chill until set.