Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe was put out 22 years ago by Hellman's and it's one of my favourites. I added the cherry topping along the way, but I've also served it topped with whipped cream and crushed Andes mints which is equally delicious.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 chocolate graham wafer pie crust
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- In large bowl with mixer at medium speed beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth; gradually beat in sugar.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time; beat in chocolate and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour into pie crust; place on cookie sheet.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until set.
- Spoon cherry pie filling over cheese cake and chill until set.
This looked lovely, but the chocolate was over-powering. I used a regular graham cracker crust rather than a chocolate graham cracker crust, so initially I thought I was the only one who would feel the chocolate over-powered the cherries. Unfortunately, everyone complained that the chocolate was 'too' strong. I think I'll try it again, but reduce the chocolate chips to about half or replace semi-sweet with milk chocolate. Thank you for sharing this recipe Carrie Ann!