Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 8 1⁄2 ounces chocolate wafers, Fine Crush
- 1⁄2 cup butter, Melted
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 16 ounces cream cheese, Softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup cherry flavored liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lb cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, Whipped (optional)
- In large bowl, combine chocolate wafer crumbs and butter.
- Pat fimly into 9-inch springform pan, covering bottom and 2 1/2 inches up sides.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine over hot (not boiling) water, chocolate chips and heavy cream.
- Stir until morsels are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar, beating untl creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add chocolate mixture, cherry liqueur, and vanilla, mix until blended.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees F. for 60 minutes.
- Turn oven off.
- Let stand in oven with door ajar 1 hour.
- Remove, cool completely.
- Chill 24 hours.
- Spread cherry pie filling over top of cheesecake leaving 1-inch from the edge.
- Decorate edge with whipped cream, if desired.
I use a variation on this recipe with excellent results. Use a chocolate graham pie crust. Whip 8 oz cream cheese with 3/4 cup sugar, 2 eggs and 2 melted squares of semi sweet chocolate together until fluffy. Bake in the crust at 325 for 30 - 35 minutes, cool. Add the cherry topping just before serving. This variation will save time.