Recipe by MrsK
I printed this from the Internet and it says that: "This cake first appeared in Better Homes and Gardens magazine." It is delicious and the tart cherries soaked in brandy give it a delicious taste.
- 1 cup dried tart cherry, snipped
- 1⁄4 cup brandy (or orange juice)
- 5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cherries and brandy and microwave uncovered on high 45 seconds; set aside. Combine chocolate and margarine/butter. Microwave on high 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, or until melted, stirring every 30 seconds; set aside.
- Beat eggs and sugar with electric mixer on high about 5 minutes, till thick and lemon colored. Beat in chocolate mixture, milk and vanilla. Beat in flour. Stir in undrained cherries and nuts.
- Pour in 9 x 1" round baking pan; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 F for 35-40 minutes (45-50 to springform pan). Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
- GLAZE: Combine chcolate with margarine/butter; microwave on high 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, or till melted, strirring twice.
- Spread 1/4 cup of Glaze evenly over top and sides of cake. Chill 10 minutes. Frost top and sides of glaze with remaining glaze. Chill till set. Let stand at room temperature 10/15 minutes before serving.