Recipe by bayoucritter aka. angela
The cake is delicious and very moist. I keep mine in the fridge and tastes great cold. Chocolate & cherries go great together, so why not in a cake! Adding soft cream cheese to canned frosting makes a great difference & makes it not so 'sugary'. ENJOY
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (pillsbury puddin' in the mix)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 can chocolate frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) containersoft cream cheese
- maraschino cherry (without stems)
Directions See How It's Made
- mix cake as directed (decreasing the water& oil to above measure).
- stir in 1 can cherry pie filling.
- pour into greased& floured cake pan (batter will be a little thick).
- spread evenly.
- bake 350 deg (as directed) about 45-50min (til knife comes out clean when inserted into center).
- cool completely.
- in bowl, mix frosting& cream cheese til blended.
- spread onto cooled cake.
- top with maraschino cherries (as many as u like).