Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
The cake is delicious and very moist. I keep mine in the fridge and tastes great cold. Chocolate & cherries go great together, so why not in a cake! Adding soft cream cheese to canned frosting makes a great difference & makes it not so 'sugary'. ENJOY
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (pillsbury puddin' in the mix)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 can chocolate frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) containersoft cream cheese
- maraschino cherry (without stems)
- mix cake as directed (decreasing the water& oil to above measure).
- stir in 1 can cherry pie filling.
- pour into greased& floured cake pan (batter will be a little thick).
- spread evenly.
- bake 350 deg (as directed) about 45-50min (til knife comes out clean when inserted into center).
- cool completely.
- in bowl, mix frosting& cream cheese til blended.
- spread onto cooled cake.
- top with maraschino cherries (as many as u like).
OH so moist and ever so delicious! Made this for my Dh's birthday cake and everyone was asking for a second piece. It was so simple to make too, and very delicious! Thanks!!
As somebody who normally makes everything from scratch, especially anthing with chocolate, I found this recipe incredibly easy and remarkably delicious. I used coffee instead of the water and added two teaspoons of Almond Extract. It was wonderful.
I made this for my DH when he was away for business so when he came home to a cherry chocolate cake he was ecstatic to say the least! He loves cherries and so do I, we both really enjoyed this. I only mixed 4-6 oz of the cream cheese to the frosting and mixed the rest with powdered sugar to decorate the cake.