- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond essence
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 3⁄4 cups self raising flour
- 1 can pitted black cherries, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°F).
- Prepare round baking tin.
- Cream butter, sugar and almond extract and beat well.
- Add eggs mix well.
- Add the cocoa powder and mix until well combined.
- Add flour to butter mixture until just combined.
- Stir in cherries.
- Pour batter into prepared tin.
- Bake for 30- 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Cool and frost with chocolate butter cream frosting.