Recipe by Bjorn74
This is a cake recipe adapted from one Tupperware consultants have passed around for years to make in the microwave. I don't like it that way, but baked in the oven it makes an excellent special occasion cake. The key is to use cheap ingredients. Generic branded pie filling and cake mix seem to work best.
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 2 (16 ounce) containerssupreme coconut frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine cake ingredients (mix, eggs, water, oil, and pie filling) using the muffin method (dry on bottom and folding in wet.
- Put into 9 inch cake pans and bake 40-45 minutes until toothpick or knife exits cleanly. Cake will be very wet, still.
- Cool on a cake rack and frost when cool.