Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love this cake! My Mom used to make it for me all the time. My two favorites; Chocolate and cherries!
- 1 (12 ounce) box fudge cake mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- Combine cake mix, pie filling,and eggs.
- Spread in a greased and floured 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool and Frost.To make Frosting: Place sugar, margarine and milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil for one minute.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Allow to melt.
- Pour immediately over cake.
- Allow to cool.
What a nice tribute to your mother by posting her recipes. I too love the combination of chocolate & cherries. Such a wonderful tasting cake and so moist. So easy to make. I'll be making this over and over again. :-)
We have to give this cake 5 stars! It was not only the easiest cake to put together, but turned out to be one of the best cakes we have tried.Cooking time was close to an hour but it was worth the wait. Very moist and melts in your mouth. Thank you for sharing the recipe, it's one we will be making for years to come!