Recipe by Rhonda O
I love this cake! My Mom used to make it for me all the time. My two favorites; Chocolate and cherries!
Top Review by Merlot
What a nice tribute to your mother by posting her recipes. I too love the combination of chocolate & cherries. Such a wonderful tasting cake and so moist. So easy to make. I'll be making this over and over again. :-)
- 1 (12 ounce) box fudge cake mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cake mix, pie filling,and eggs.
- Spread in a greased and floured 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool and Frost.To make Frosting: Place sugar, margarine and milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil for one minute.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Allow to melt.
- Pour immediately over cake.
- Allow to cool.