Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
- 2⁄3 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream (I used low fat)
- 1 large very ripe banana, mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Soak dried cherries in hot water 15 minutes; drain thoroughly.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Beat sugar and butter together in bowl of electric mixer on medium speed until creamy, about 3 min.
- Add eggs, one at a time; beat until smooth.
- Beat in sour cream, banana and vanilla extract until well-blended, about 1 min.
- Mix together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; add to banana mixture, beating on low speed until just mixed.
- Fold in nuts and cherries.
- Pour batter into greased 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.